Our Guide to 2-day South Beach Getaway with Dolphin Encounter
Depart Orlando in the early morning and journey by coach to the Florida Everglades National Park, the largest remaining swampland in the world and home to a huge variety of wildlife. An airboat ride is the best way to explore this vast wilderness and accompanied by an experienced captain enjoy a thrilling ride across the ‘River of Grass’ in search of alligators, the Florida Panther and manatees. Afterwards get up close and personal at our Alligator and Snake handling show where you get the chance to learn, hold, feel, and get your pictures taken with these amazing animals.
Continue to Miami’s Bayside Shopping Complex for a bit of retail therapy. Situated on the Biscayne Bay, this complex offers specialty boutiques, name brand stores, restaurants on the water, and spectacular views. Afterwards, head to your hotel - situated in the heart of the Art Deco District in South Beach, the excellent location is just seconds away from restaurants, shops, museums, night clubs and the beach itself. Once you check into your hotel, you have the rest of the day and evening free to explore the area at leisure.
Day two is the highlight of this fantastic excursion because its time for an amazing swim with dolphins! This is your once in a lifetime opportunity for a dolphin swim in the beautiful Florida Keys. During your swim, you can expect foot pushes, dorsal tows, water fights, kisses and handshakes as well as a number of other amazing behaviors. Learn all about the dolphins and what to expect during a 45 minute orientation. The dolphin swim programme includes around 30 minutes in the water with these amazing creatures. For those that chose not to swim, but have family members participating in the dolphin swim are more than welcome to accompany their party to the dolphin facility to observe
If you choose to swim with the dolphins you still have the afternoon in Miami to top off that golden Florida tan on South Beach before leaving for Orlando at about 4.00pm.
Roundtrip transportation from Orlando, airboat ride in the Everglades, visit to a Snake and Alligator Handling Show, visit to Miami's Bayside Shopping area, overnight accommodation in South Beach at the Chesterfield Hotel (or similar), just seconds from the bars, shops, restaurants and the beach itself, entrance to the Dolphin Plus Facility in Key Largo, 2-hour Swim with Dolphin programme (swim ticket only).
- Customers swimming with dolphins will have to pay an additional $24 per person facility fee locally. This will be collected by the tour guide on the day of the tour.
- Swimmers must be 7 years old or above and children aged 7 to 12 years old doing the Dolphin Swim must be accompanied in the program by a participating parent or guardian.
- Non-swim tickets include all of the inclusions above except the Swim with Dolphins programme. The ticket does include entrance to the dolphin facility but those not wanting to visit the dolphin facility can enjoy free time in Miami Beach instead.
- Prices are based on a minimum of 2 persons travelling. Single passengers are welcome, but a single supplement of £79 is applicable. To book, please call our reservations team.
- Room Occupancies – rooms accommodate up to four persons. Parties of 4 persons or less will be accommodated in one room. If there are more than 4 persons in your group you will be allocated 2 rooms. If you require an additional room for your party, a £79 per room supplement applies. Please call our reservation if you require an additional room.
- Baby’s 0-2 years are free of charge, but must sit on a parents’ lap. There is a small charge of $10-15 for a cot, which is payable to the hotel locally.
2-day South Beach Getaway with Dolphin Encounter Pick-up Schedule and Timings:
|Maingate Lakeside Resort (Shuttle) - 7769 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee
|Swan Hotel at Disney (Shuttle) - 1200 Epcot resort Blvd, Bay Lake, Fl, 32830 (Main Bus Stop)
|Firehouse Sub at Crossroads - 12515 State Rd. 535 Ste 515 Orlando, FL 32836
|Universal Resort Bus Loop - Bus Space #71- 5855 Universal Blvd, Orlando, Fl 32819
|Rosen Inn international (Shuttle) - 7600 International Dr, Orlando, Fl 32819
|Pointe - 9101 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
Shuttle pick-up locations generally require a change of vehicle before travelling to the Everglades and Miami.