Wonderworks allows you to participate in some of the most imaginative displays. It's an amusement park for the mind and features over 100 interactive exhibits for all visitors to enjoy at all ages. Enjoy earthquake simulators and feel the sensation of a bed of nails, plus lots more to enjoy with your Wonderworks tickets.
Prices and Tickets
Other Tickets that may interest you at WonderWorks
Our Guide to WonderWorks
Removed from the glare of the media and the encumbrances of governmental restrictions; a group of scientists from around the world collaborated to find answers to the unexplainable. Their mission: to understand, predict and control these phenomena. In early 1998, during a top-secret experiment, something went awry. When the scientists attempted to harness the power of a man-made tornado, the giant, swirling vortex unleashed its power throughout the laboratories! The energy vortex lifted the research facility from its foundation and transported the laboratory hundreds of miles away to Orlando, Florida, where it landed upside-down, but otherwise functionally intact. .....
WonderWorks is an amusement park for the mind and features over 100 interactive exhibits for visitors of all ages to experience. Here you can participate in some of the most imaginative displays and exhibits found in any facility in the United States starting with the inversion tunnel to be turned upside-down!
Among the other highlights, you will discover:
- Hurricane Hole - Feel the effects of winds reaching 65 miles per hour. According to the Saffar-Simpson Scale, the hurricane in this simulation is merely a mild one!
- Anti-Gravity Chamber - Water is travelling from the floor to the ceiling, or is it? At the touch of a special button that you control, water will appear to change direction! Look up! The change in frequency of the strobe lights is what causes the water to appear as if its directional flow has changed.
- Earthquake Simulators - One of history's most renowned earthquakes, the 1989 San Francisco earthquake that stopped baseball's World Series and collapsed a freeway is recreated in the laboratory. Guests will feel for themselves what an earthquake that measures 5.3 on the Richter Scale actually feels like here at Wonderworks Orlando.
- Bed of Nails - Visitors will feel the sensation of 3,500 sharp nails while they are elevated on this bed. In order for your skin to be punctured by a nail, 2 kilograms of pressure is necessary. A person weighing 70kg (154lbs) will be supported by approximately 1500 nails. This will result in an average pressure of 0.04kg per nail, which is less than the pressure required to do damage to the skin.
- Bubble Lab - Kids of all ages love bubbles. This gallery is JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT! Visitors will be able to make giant bubbles, large enough to encapsulate a person.
- Velocity Ball - See how fast you can pitch a baseball. The best part is you choose a major league baseball player to pitch to. How fast was the speed of the ball? This exhibit introduces the relationships among gravity, speed, and distance.
- Mind Ball - A challenging bio feedback game for two based on EEG technology. Players will wear a headband with electrodes and relax their minds in order to use their brain waves and move the ball across the table to the opposing side. The most relaxed player wins!
Wonderworks is located at the heart of International Drive and is open daily from 9.00am through to Midnight. We recommend allowing at least 2-3 hours for your visit. You will be issued with an open-dated ticket voucher that can be redeemed at any time.
WonderWorks and The Outta Control Magic Comedy Dinner Show Combo Ticket
The Outta Control Magic Comedy Dinner Show is located inside WonderWorks, so why not upgrade your ticket to include the Outta Control Magic Comedy Dinner Show which combines high-energy comedy improvisation, spectacular magic and lots of audience participation to thoroughly entertain audiences of all ages. Minds will be read, predictions will come true, and audience members' personal items will vanish and re-appear.You must visit the Outta Control Magic Comedy Dinner Show on the same day you visit WonderWorks.